Q: Won't start periodically

03 Caravan will run great for a week or two then all of a sudden it'll turn over but won't start.After multiple tries almost killing the battery it'll finally start and white smoke will pour out for a few min then clear up and drive fine for a few more weeks then happens all over again. I have had a few guys tell me that's it's the 02 sensors or the pcm control module. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there. Any number of components could create an intermittent no-start situation. The O2 sensors and the PCM (powertrain control module) are remote possibilities. Assuming the check engine light has not come on, this leads me to believe that the PCM has not recognized the fault. A few possibilities are a faulty ASD (automatic shutdown) relay, a faulty fuel pump relay, a faulty CKP (crankshaft position) sensor, a faulty CMP (camshaft position) sensor, a poor connection or electrical fault in the power distribution center. There are several other possibilities as well. I recommend having your vehicle’s intermittent no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.