Q: With the electronic fan clutch, is it normal to have the fan clutch barely running and that you can keep it from turning with one

The vehicle is not over heating, but the electronic fan clutch is barely turning. I can hold it still with one finger on start up. Is that common for this fan clutch?

Hello. This is normal operation of the fan clutch. The electronics should turn it on as needed. This saves on the power loss that is associated with the fan when it is needed to keep the engine cool. This increases the fuel mileage of the vehicle and can disable the fan for short periods when you need the extra power like accelerating up and on ramp to the highway or passing a vehicle. Unless you are having an issue with the cooling system or the A/C not working correctly then you should have no worries.

3. With the electronic fan clutch, is it normal to have the fan clutch barely running and that you can keep it from turning with one