Q: Wiring

My instrument cluster lights do not work. The cel and oil lights etc. The charge light comes on, bit that's it. With the key to the on position I know they're all supposed to flash for ~2 seconds but they don't. I already swapped the entire cluster to rule that out. Checked all fuses and grounds and they're good. What would cause this?

Hi Tyler. Thanks for contacting us today. Besides the instrument cluster, electrical harness, relays, fuses and ground wires that supply power to the cluster, the only other possibility that I can think of would be a faulty ignition cylinder connection. This could be due to an exposed wire somewhere in the steering column or even behind the dash. This tends to happen with vehicles more than 20 years old and can be very tricky to trace and diagnose. You might want to have a second set of eyes come to your location and help you diagnose this problem.