Q: Will a 05 chevy 5.3 head fix on 08 5.3 block?

Will a 2005 silverado head fit on a 2008 silverado block??

The cylinder heads should be interchangeable on these two years.

3. Will a 05 chevy 5.3 head fix on 08 5.3 block?

Q: What motor / transmission do I have?

Hi and thanks for your question. Your 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 could have the the LMG series 5.3L vortec engine or the LMF series 5.3L vortec engine with Active Fuel Management (AFM). The difference is that the LMF series increases...

Q: Truck will not turn left or right

Depending on how the vehicle was hit, the steering gear may have been broken. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check out your steering issue to identify and quote the repairs needed.

Q: AC compressor drains the headlights and coolant indicator, check engine light is on

You need to check the engine block grounds on the left and right side of the engine block. Follow the neg. cable down to the engine and make sure it is very tight. Another ground is on the radiator support...