Q: Will a 05 chevy 5.3 head fix on 08 5.3 block?

Will a 2005 silverado head fit on a 2008 silverado block??

The cylinder heads should be interchangeable on these two years.

Where is the crankshaft position sensor location

Hey there, thanks for writing in. The sensor is on the right rear of the engine block behind the exhaust manifold heat shield. If you need help replacing the crankshaft position sensor, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to...

Fuses keep blowing out

I think you may be correct. There are hundreds of wires behind your dash that could potentially intersect and cause problems. Most likely, two different circuits that run different amounts of amperage have intersected, and are now causing circuitry issues....

If I have a bad throttle position sensor will my car hesitate to start

Hello There, I believe you are correct in that you may have a faulty throttle position sensor. There are trouble codes that are typically associated with the TPS. One code will set if the TPS voltage is too high when...

Car won't start after sitting for a year.

If a vehicle has not been started for a year, then you may have a failed fuel pump and the fuel inside the tank may be degraded and can cause problems like a clogged fuel injector. The recommendation I would...

My cooling fans aren't working properly I think ...P

The cooling fans work according to relays that detect temperature and cause them to turn off and on. When these relays are not working properly, this will cause them to come on all the time, not at all or intermittently....

I blew a brake line last night, replaced line.bled brakes from master cylinder, brakes very squishy

Both improper bleeding and a failed master cylinder could be the fault. Running the master cylinder dry can lead it to fail quickly. The primary seal on the master cylinder piston will tear easily. Make another attempt to bleed the...

Car shakes and hesitates upon acceleration.

A weak battery will cause all of the electronics to fail. If this was the case, you would have hard steering and radio malfunctions as well. There are quite a few components that could cause poor acceleration. You will want...

Clicking sound when turning over.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid or starter relay. If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located...

Failed smog check

Hi. This is a fairly common concern for smog failure, it indicates the computer has detected a large leak in the evaporative emissions system. 90% of the time this is due to the fuel cap not being secured properly. Sometimes,...