Q: Which side muffler is most important or both? Thank you.

Which side muffler is most important or both? Thank you.

I have Honda accord v6 2000 it has two muffler one in each side and it only has one resonator in the middle between the mufflers I think or it could be in the right side from the back not so sure but the exhaust and catalytic converters is on the right side from the back.Is the right muffler more important than the left muffler or are they the same no matter what if yes why? Thank you.

A: Hello. I would say that both sides of the e...

Hello. I would say that both sides of the exhaust system are equally important, as the entire exhaust system is tuned as a unit. Usually both sides will have a catalytic converter and resonator, as each side is usually linked to one of the engine’s banks.

If they are only on one side, then it is likely that the entire system is plumbed together and set up that way for a specific reason. If you need any service done to your exhaust system, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can inspect your exhaust system and repair any issues that arise.