Q: When steering, truck sways right to left

I had tie rods, new tires, casters put on. I tightened the steering up some. But when I drive it, it has some play and hard to keep steady. I have to move wheel left and right in order to keep balance and drive straight and I had front end alignment.

Hi, thanks for writing in. You will need to have the truck turned off but the steering unlocked. Rock the steering left and right while someone else inspects each steering joint from the steering shaft to the tie rod ends to feel the looseness and replace any worn out joints.

If you have worn out joints and would like help replacing them, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacements for you.