Q: Blinking of ESP and ABS activation with auto-braking on bumpy roads on a 2002 MI ML320

I have a 2002 MI ML320. Recently, it has started something weird--ESP's blinking on a speedometer, triangle thing flashes and activates the ABS. Brakes like auto-braking but it happens only when I go on bumpy roads.

A: You've got a problem with the speed sys...

You've got a problem with the speed system on that car and those things are very complex. What you'd want to do is watch my video "fixing insanely complex modern cars," and you'll see how complicated your car is.

Your Mercedes Benz really needs what is called a star tester hookup. Star tester is 26,000 dollars and it takes years to learn how to operate those things. So you are most likely going to have to go to a Mercedes professional.

The technician is going to need a star tester if they are going to work on that system because it's very complex. I have a star tester, and to tell you the truth, every time I end up working on one of those systems I generally never end up fixing them. Because when I tell a customer "here's what we've got to start out with, that's going to cost you 2500 dollars," they just say "ugh" and they live with it or get rid of the car. If you'd like, a technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your ABS light issue and let you know if there are any more practical repairs.