Q: when starting the car once you press the gas pedal it does not respond right away .Also happened on the highway

When you start my car it not catching if pressing the gas pedal, it ask like it is going to cut off; as you are driving, it is jerking when pressing the gas pedal like it wants to check out. Once the car is on the highway it is jerking when accelerating.

Hello. I usually start by checking the computer for codes. I also use the scan tool to see what the sensor are reading. Most of the time this is caused by an airflow sensor that is not reading right or a failing throttle body. It can also occur if the vehicle needs a tune up or if the timing belt is worn out and stretched. All of these need to be checked. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your acceleration issue firsthand.

3. when starting the car once you press the gas pedal it does not respond right away .Also happened on the highway