Q: When running lights go on, wipers/spray independently go on

Each time I turn on my truck’s running lights, the windshield wipers independently come on, along with the wiper fluid spraying. Then, when I turn off the running lights, the wipers go off as well. This is an intermittent problem and only happens occasionally, but when it does it can be annoying to have the wipers and the spray going on a clear evening. It can be distracting to my driving. What would fix this odd problem?

A: Hello. It sounds like the combination switc...

Hello. It sounds like the combination switch is going bad causing the problem you are experiencing. The combination switch is used to make the windshield wipers and headlights work. If there is a short in the switch it may cause the windshield wipers and the headlights to come on or off at the same time because the electronics for both the wipers and the lights are in the same switch. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the combination switch.