my tire presure sensor fault light is on is it still safe...

Q: my tire presure sensor fault light is on is it still safe to drive or take a 8 hour trip

asked by on November 13, 2017

hello my name is angel I have a ford fusion 2010 the tire pressure sensor light is on could I still drive it or take a 8 hour trip

The tire pressure light may be on for a couple different reasons. The first is you have a tire low on air and would need to have it checked and fixed before going on a trip. If all the tire pressures are within specifications and there is not a low tire then you may have a defective sensor in one of the tires. This does not stop you from driving the car and should be repaired as soon as possible. It is safe to drive as long as you realize the system cannot detect if one of your tires gets low on air and you would need to keep an eye on them during your trip every time you stop for fuel.