Q: When my high beams are turned on, not only do they not work but my low-beams also turn off.

When my high beams are turned on, not only do they not work but my low-beams also turn off.

Hello. You likely have an issue with your steering column multifunction switch. The steering column multifunction switch is in control of all the lights on the dashboard, the tail lights, as well as the headlights. It is likely your multifunction switch is malfunctioning and stopping power supply to the low beams once the high beams are activated. I suggest that you have a technician inspect your multifunction switch as well as check the fuses related to the headlights. Please keep in mind that if requested YourMechanic will send a technician whom will help you diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. When my high beams are turned on, not only do they not work but my low-beams also turn off.