Q: When my car sits for a long period of time it does not start on the first try. It starts up on the second try and no check engine light shows up.

Car doesn't start on first the try but starts on the second try. Had several mechanics look at it but no one has actually found a cure to my problem. I'm told that it is an common problem with these cars by a few Nissan forums I have read but still have no clue what could be replaced

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. My guess is that...

Hi, thanks for writing in. My guess is that fuel pressure is being allowed to bleed off when the engine is not running. This can be caused by a faulty pressure regulator or a faulty fuel pump check valve, both of which are built into the fuel pump on your vehicle. Of course, there are other potential causes for your concern as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.