Q: Speed wont go above 60mph no matter if i step in the gas. Please help.

asked by on November 26, 2017

Car wont go above 60mph even though i am stepping on the gas pedal.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Otto. Thanks for sending in your question. Typically when the car will not accelerate past 60 MPH, it’s due to either the ECU activating a limp mode or other mechanical (fuel or ignition system component) failures. Some of the possible mechanical sources may include obstruction of debris in the transmission, torque converter slipping, or an electronic throttle control issue. The best way to determine the root source of this problem and save money on unnecessary repairs is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.