Q: My 2004 Ford Ranger Edge V-6, 3.0. My RPM'S Idle one notch below number 1 when I'm stopped. Should it be higher or is that Ok?

asked by on July 15, 2017

My 2004 Ford Ranger Edge V-6, 3.0. My RPM'S Idle one notch below number 1 when I'm stopped. Should it be higher or is that Ok?

Idle Control Valve Replacement $147.54 - $995.01 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like your truck is idling at the correct RPM. Most vehicles should idle at approximately between 750-800 RPM’s. In some cases, if the RPM’s fluctuate or idle abnormally high or low, this may be an indication of a dirty or faulty idle air control valve, however yours seems to be correct. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us as we are always here to help.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr