Q: When I turn my key over my car won't crank but my lights on my dash will come on. I had my starter teststed and it was fine.

I went to crank my mustang and it wouldn't crank. I turned my key over and my lights on my dash would light up and everything seemed fine. Just won't crank. I took my starter to autozone and they tested it, and they said it was good. I'm not sure what it could be. Some say ignition switch and some say my solenoid on my starter. But I had my starter tested. I'm not sure if it clicks when I turn the key over. I had to have a way so I got wire and wired it from my starter to my ignition and put a flip switch on it till I figured what was going on because I need a way to work. Is that safe also?

3. When I turn my key over my car won't crank but my lights on my dash will come on. I had my starter teststed and it was fine.