Q: When battery is installed do the electronics not need re-calibrated? Car is 2011 Audi A5 2.0 cabriolet

Will the electronics be 're-calibrated' after new battery fitted?

Audi dealer says this is required.

A: There are some special steps that need to b...

There are some special steps that need to be done when the battery is replaced. You will also need to have the Audi approved battery installed for your vehicle or you will have charging and starting system problems. The battery has sensors connected to it to control charging. I would go with the dealer recommendations to ensure that electrical components are functioning as they should.