Q: Wheel fitment

So I would consider my self slightly illiterate when it comes to wheel sizes which is what brought me here. I'm looking to buy a set of wheels for my A5 and found a very good deal on some that came off of a 2016 A5. I want to make sure they will fit before I buy them though. Could you check these two links and give me some advice as to whether or not they will fit with the stock tire size I currently have on my car. This is the link for the 2016. http://www.wheel-size.com/size/audi/a5/2016/

This is the link for the 2010, mine is a 3.2fair. http://www.wheel-size.com/size/audi/a5/2010/#trim-32fsi-eudm

A: Hi there: The two links are great info, bu...

Hi there:

The two links are great info, but not enough for us to make a good recommendation. Audi has different stock OEM tire size packages for different editions. Anytime you are changing from one wheel to another, there are three items specifically you need to verify. First is the bolt pattern (make sure they are identical). Second is the off-set (or the space between the wheel and the hub (again, need to be identical). Third are the dimensions. With today's modern cars, ABS, cruise control and virtually everything else is finely tuned for precise measurements. If you currently have a 8.5 x 18 wheel, your replacement wheel needs to be identical. Changing wheel sizes and tire sizes is not as easy as it once was; so always defer to OEM sizing anytime you're replacing wheels.