Q: Wheel bearings keep wearing out

My car has gone around 90,000 miles. The problem is that I had wheel bearings replaced several times. As this issue is recurring, I was wondering what causes them to wear out so often. The car runs great otherwise. Do you have any idea?

If the wheel bearings are overtightened when they are serviced, then it will cause them to fail quicker than normal. Make sure a torque wrench is used and not an air impact tool when the axle is tightened up. You may want to have this looked at by another mechanic to make sure that this is being resolved correctly. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose underlying problems with the wheels, steering, or suspension, and can guide you through any appropriate repairs.