Q: What type of gear oil I need for a 2014 nissan frontier school 4x4 v6 4.0

What type of gear oil I need for the back differential I don't know what kind of transmission it has they are 2 types

Hi there. Inside your owner manual or on the side VIN plate on your driver side door, should be the type of differential you have (either the C200 or M226) as this vehicle has one or the other that is determined by the option you own and location of manufacturing. If you have the C200, Type: API GL-5 Synthetic 75W-90 Gear Oil or Equivalent with a Capacity: 3 3/8 pt or 1.6L. If you have the M226 option, Type: API GL-5 Synthetic 75W-140 Gear Oil or Equivalent with a Capacity: 4 1/4 pt or 2.01L. If you’re unable to locate the type of rear differential you have, contact your local Nissan service department, give them your VIN number and they will tell you.

3. What type of gear oil I need for a 2014 nissan frontier school 4x4 v6 4.0