Q: What temperature thermostat is needed for my vehicle?

I need to replace my thermostat and was wondering what is the best way to go about and what temp I need

Hi there. First locate the thermostat housing on your engine. Then get a drain pan and put it under the radiator and drain out the coolant. Once the coolant is out, you can remove the thermostat housing and replace the thermostat. If you housing has a gasket, I recommend putting a fine film of blue silicone on both sides of the gasket and then installing it to the housing with the new thermostat. Be sure to let it set for at least 1 hour before putting any coolant inside the radiator. Put in new coolant in the radiator and run the engine to burp out all of the air. The thermostat you should use in your vehicle is a 170 degree for summer and 180 degree for winter. If you need further assistance with changing your thermostat, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. What temperature thermostat is needed for my vehicle?