Q: What should I know about the keys included with my car?

What should I know about the keys included with my car?

A: Your car comes with two primary keys, calle...

Your car comes with two primary keys, called Integrated Keyhead Transmitters, or IKTs. They combine the functionality of a mechanical key with a remote entry system, providing you with the means to lock or unlock your doors from a distance, or at the lock, as well as arming the alarm and more. Of course, there are several things that you should know about your keys:

• Your keys are programmed to work with your car and only your car (that also means that any other key will not work with your ignition).

• Your keys came with a special security label that will be needed if you ever have to have new keys cut without an original key.

• Your keys can lock and unlock all the doors (both physically and remotely) and they can arm/disarm the security system.