Q: What is a Eco oxygen sender and does it need replaced and cost

Is it necessary to replace this sencer

A: Hello. From your description it sounds to m...

Hello. From your description it sounds to me like you are referring to the vehicle's oxygen sensor. Your vehicle is equipped with multiple oxygen sensors that are responsible for detecting the vehicle's air-fuel ratio. The sensors send the air-fuel ratio to the engine computer, which will then make the necessary adjustments for the operating conditions detected. Usually, the oxygen sensors will set off the Check Engine Light when they need to be replaced, however, there are instances where a slow responding oxygen sensor will not set off the Check Engine Light. If your vehicle is experiencing performance issues such as a drop in MPG or power, then that may be the case. If the Check Engine Light is on, I would recommend having the trouble codes retrieved to see if the a specific oxygen sensor has failed.