Q: What could be the reason my check engine light is on and why it smokes under the hood. 2.7l Dodge Charger 2008.

My car check engine light has been on for the longest I took it to get a a diagnostic and it was cylinder 1 misfire and I changed it and the check engine light stayed on. Also my car smokes from under the hood time to time. There’s coolant in the car and everything. What could be the problem?

Hi Javawn. Thanks for contacting us today. A check engine or other warning light is activated when a sensor detects a mechanical or electrical fault with a vehicle component or system. Smoke is created when a fluid is leaking somewhere - so, although it’s possible that they are related to the same component failure - it’s likely that they are separate issues. The random misfire issue is commonly caused by malfunctioning ignition system components or fuel injectors not firing correctly. The item that should be inspected ASAP is the smoke problem - as smoke can develop into a fire quickly. Have a professional mechanic come to your location to help diagnose the root issues here - so the correct repairs can be completed.

3. What could be the reason my check engine light is on and why it smokes under the hood. 2.7l Dodge Charger 2008.