Q: Vibration, but only at highway speeds.

Over the past couple of months, I've noticed a vibration (engine? tranny? other?) that I can feel in the accelerator pedal when I'm at highway speeds and increasing speed to pass another vehicle. As a passenger the vibration can be felt but it is a bit more subtle. I'm guessing it is the foot connection to the accelerator pedal that enhances the feeling. I do not feel the vibration except on the highway. I thought that maybe it was an issue when accelerating, but, if I am getting ON TO the freeway and accelerating from say 25 mph to 60 mph I don't really feel/sense the vibration. But, once I'm up to 60-70 mph and put the pedal down to pass another vehicle it is very distinct. I will feel the vibration when I accelerate from 70 to 75, but I can then "cruise" at 75 mph and NOT feel the vibration. Thank you for your thoughts, insight and wisdom.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. I usually start by checking the tire balance. If the balance is off, then this will occur. If the balance is fine, then I check the engine mounts and the CV axles. If it has a worn out engine mount or a worn CV axle joint, then this will occur. Both of these are common issues on this vehicle that will occur over time. If you would like to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the vibration problem in person.

3. Vibration, but only at highway speeds.