Sitting in Tahoe, key will turn back, and forward to on, ...

Sitting in Tahoe, key will turn back, and forward to on, but is locked from continuing forward to start. Steering wheel is unlocked...help? Mechanic's Assistant: Is the Chevrolet in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your...

Sitting in Tahoe, key will turn back, and forward to on, but is locked from continuing forward to start. Steering wheel is unlocked...help? Mechanic's Assistant: Is the Chevrolet in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your Chevrolet has a "wheel lock" feature? In park, wheel unlocked Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tahoe? 2000 ls Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far? Sitting in a parking lot

Automotive Expert
Hello there, I am Cam. I am licensed automotive technician with more than 18 years experience. As an expert on the site, I only have access to your question. Any billing questions or concerns would require a customer service specialist. A couple things before we get going; - I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. -I am a Firefighter/Paramedic which might require me to drop and run at any time without warning. If this happens, I will reply as soon as I am able to. -The website will automatically offer a phone call. Some times they are beneficial, sometimes not. I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with your vehicle. While I am looking at your question, can you tell me who I have the pleasure of assisting today? So the key won't turn off all the way or to start, is that correct?

I have a locksmith coming, seems like the cylinder is jammed. Can't turn the key to start. Steering wheel is unlocked, but still no joy..
Automotive Expert
I suspect your ignition cylinder has failed internally. This is the typical failure when the cylinder goes bad.