Q: I have a 2005 nissan pathfinder 4.0 , the car turns off after 20 minutes of driving it or even having it parked while running,

asked by on March 29, 2018

The car shuts off while driving or in parked after 20. Minutes of running, wont start back up till it sits for awhile or i force it with a jump start

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Heat is causing an electrical component to "drop out". It is actually fortunate that the vehicle will not re-start because that means only a no-start diagnostic is required to pinpoint the component or system that is failing. If the car immediately re-started after these stalling, episodes that would make it much more difficult to pinpoint the cause. Just request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you, of course, first the engine must be run until the interruption occurs. The diagnostic has to commence at that point. It may be an ignition system issue although it is possible for the fuel pump relay to open and so forth. The mechanic will find the issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.