Q: Vehicle won't raise to riding height after rear right suspension bag change

I changed the rear right suspension air bag as my car would lean on the left. After the changing the one suspension bag I started the vehicle but now the compressor would not come on and the dash would state that the car was too low to drive. What can I do to get my vehicle to raise to normal driving height again?

You really can’t do much with the Mercedes Air Suspension without the diagnostic computer.If the air suspension controller detected a big leak in the system, it may have shut off to keep the compressor from overheating. Or if you are running the car while it is still on the jack stands, it may not charge the system. either way, you have to have access to the air suspension controller so you can read and clear codes, and so you can change settings. The diagnostic computer also has the capability of performing active tests by running the compressor and switching the valves. You might try doing a re-set by putting the car on the ground, shutting it down and disconnecting the battery for a time. But that may not help and you could have additional complications from having had the batteries disconnected. I recommend you contact Your Mechanic about having a technician come to your home or office and check out your suspension issue and see what can be done for you.

• Vehicle won't raise to riding height after rear right suspension bag change