Q: Vehicle pulls to the right/left

I have an issue with my 2009 Hyundai Elantra with 111000 miles on it. The vehicle pulls to the right constantly and I need to use some light force to keep the steering wheel from drifting. I also noticed that it is harder to steer in the left direction. But the issue does not end there, sometimes the vehicle also pulls to the left and I have to recenter and hold the steering wheel to make it go straight. I had the wheels aligned twice, rotated the tires etc. but the issue still persists. I the took it to a local mechanic who looked underneath the car and told me that there was no problem. I did notice that when the car is lifted with the wheels of the ground, the front left wheel doesn't move as freely i.e it jerks when I try to move it. I dont believe its the brakes since they were recently replaced and also hard braking doesn't cause the vehicle to drift. I cant pinpoint where the issue is. Could you give me some pointers on where to have the mechanic look?

If you are saying the tire is hard to turn when lifted then you may have a problem with the calipers sticking. When the brakes were replaced the calipers slides should of been lubricated. If they are binding intermittently then they will cause a pull to the side that is binding the most. Another possible problem is the power steering rack and pinion bushings being worn that can cause the rack to shift and will pull one way and then once corrected can shift and cause it to pull the other way. If your tie rods are binding then this can cause the same problem. The struts upper bearings can also cause this problem. I suggest you have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and do a thorough inspection of the front end steering, suspension, and brakes to diagnose your problem.