Q: Vehicle idles poorly

The car misses on cylinders two and four. The vehicle starts but then idles poorly. Fuel is being expelled out of the tailpipe.

A: Hello. When a car misfires, it is an indica...

Hello. When a car misfires, it is an indication that the spark plugs are not firing properly, which prevents the fuel from igniting. The misfire also causes a poor idle because the two cylinders are not firing properly. This causes the car to run on four cylinders instead of all six. Replacement of the spark plugs and coil pack will most likely be necessary. If you would like to have this issue diagnosed in person, a certified mechanic can inspect and repair your vehicle’s rough idle.