Q: Unusual fuel drainage

The gas has started dropping quicker than normal. It's a new model and this just shouldn't be happening! Only 30 miles and 1/2 the tank is Gone! My dealership said this was normal until the car is broken in. This information seems Bizarre to me!!! Is this true?

The Volkswagen Golf has a fuel economy rated at 25 MPG City and 36 to 37 MPG Highway based on what transmission you have. These estimates are not void just because the engine has not broken. Since the vehicle is likely under warranty, I would contact another dealer or Volkswagen customer service in order to get a second opinion on the original dealer’s findings.