Q: Service advance trac light on and all lights on dash flash on and off as well as rpm need temp needle and speed bounce up and down

asked by on November 17, 2017

All of a sudden after an interior wash of the car the Service AdvancTrac warning showed in the middle of the dash. As well as the fuel level and regular until empty mileage would flash on and off. This is while driving, also all other warning lights flash on the car on and off as well as the rpm, temp and speed needles that jump up and down. Stoped my car then it wouldn't start and it said service advanc trac with alarm light flashing. Put key in the ignition and left it in the on position for about 2 min and was able to start. While driving home the warning lights of the dash would flash and again it would sequence through AdvancTrac, Miles until empty and fuel level low and needles jumping. Got home and my key was stuck in the igntion and wouldn't come out. Managed to shimmy the shifter and it came out. Please help.

Hi Josue. Thanks for sending in your question tonight. What you are describing sounds a lot like a communication fault with the ECU or an electrical short in the steering column/behind the dashboard. Trying to diagnose this problem and recommend the right repairs without completing an inspection onsite is nearly impossible, as there are dozens of possible sources. So, you should probably have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical inspection - so they can determine what is causing this issue.