Q: Turned car off and wasn't firing the plugs when I went to start back 1989 Pontiac Grand Am

Car was running fine when it was shut off. Went to start this morning and it will crank over but won't start. Checked it, the fuel pump runs, but the plugs aren't firing and the injector doesn't seem to be firing.

Hello - this sudden failure is likely the crankshaft position sensor having failed. It provides a timing trigger for both ignition and the fuel injection system. Check first for blown fuses (ignition and fuel injection), then for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. I recommend a no-start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Turned car off and wasn't firing the plugs when I went to start back 1989 Pontiac Grand Am