Q: turn signals not working

My horn, left turn single, break lights and four way flashers stopped working. It must be something electrical, because when I hold the turn single switch they all work. I was wondering if I put in a new steering column if that would solve all my problems. Or how can I fix my car without it costing too much. I need to get my car inspected, and it won’t pass the test because of the problems it has. I need it fixed as soon as possible. What do you recommend? Thank you.

The fact that it all works when you hold the switch means either the signal switch is broken or the wires near the switch in the steering column are damaged. A closer inspection is needed and likely needs the switch replaced or wire repair or both. Over the years, the insulation can wear through the wiring due to movement in the column near the tilt wheel. I recommend having the turn signal issue inspected in person so that the right repairs can be made.