Q: Tuning a 2018 Toyota Yaris iA

asked by on October 26, 2017

Hey, so I am thinking of tuning the 2018 toyota yaris iA, since it's got great mileage and nice look to the car(like a Mazda), how much horsepower do you think I can increase without it blowing up? I know it has already 106 hp and I believe it can increase more with obvious proper equipments and such. I am just very curious and if I can what kind of performance enhancements would you recommend?(like chips, exhaust, superchargers, etc...)

We can evaluate for you, and thence possibly "recommend", performance enhancements that have either 50-state approval, that is are approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) or are certified as 49 state legal pursuant to Federal EPA requirements. Looking at the CARB database, that is the database of aftermarket performance parts that would be legal to install in all states, for your vehicle I do see any certified parts in the specific categories you have identified in your question. If you identify a certified (legal) aftermarket performance part for the vehicle and are interested in its potential use and value by all means re-contact us and we will investigate that specific part on your behalf and give you the DATA that you need to make an intelligent decision. Other than that, we are bound by Federal and state law insofar as the repair, service and modification of passenger vehicles driven on public roadways. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.