Q: Truck won't start consistently

Truck starts with a jump and stays running. But after sitting for a while sometimes will not start.... Able to push start and usually starts with a jump.... Nothing is consistent and very hard to troubleshoot. I have replaced all spark plugs, fuel filter, battery terminals, and had auto zone check the battery which they said was still good. Everyone keeps saying alternator, but no dim lights or anything and truck stays charged once running. Can you please give any advice, thanks

A: Hi there: If the battery tested as being g...

Hi there:

If the battery tested as being good, then the alternator shouldn’t be the source of your problem. The alternator is responsible for charging the battery but also for powering all the components on your vehicle as the engine’s running. It may be a problem with the connections from the alternator to the battery, however. The best way to determine the exact source of your battery issues is to contact one of our local mechanics to complete a battery charging system inspection.