Q: Truck overheated and battery died at same time

Truck overheated pulled over added coolant while running temp went down. Drove a couple more miles and truck overheated again pulled into gas station and shut it off. Tried to start it 3 times then battery died no clicking or anything. Motor did try to turn over during the 3 tries. Not sure what's going on with it and why the battery died.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have lost your serpentine belt which runs every accessory on the vehicle (water pump, power steering pump, alternator, A/C compressor, etc.). This may explain the simultaneous draining of the battery while the motor overheated at the same time. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your truck.

3. Truck overheated and battery died at same time