Q: Truck not down shifting into lower gear in wot

Transmission is not kicking into a lower gear when pressing the throttle even when it is to the floor trans doesnt down shift

The shift down linkage should first be checked at the throttle lever to see if it is adjusted and working properly. Check the cable to see if it is broken. If the cable is okay, then the problem is inside the transmission and may require the valve body inside the transmission checked for operation. If you need help having this problem addressed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting issue.