Q: Triptronics doesn't work. I was told that the shift box needs replacement. Is that part of powertain?

Triptronics (manual gear change override) doesn't work, shift box replacement recommended, is that part of powertain?

The triptronic function switch could be broken or the multi-function switch with cruise control could have failed causing the transmission not to shift with the computer system triptronic. If the shifter is in good shape and the multi-function switch is good and works fine, then the computer may need to be flashed (reprogrammed) to be reset. If you need further assistance with your triptronic system on your transmission, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Triptronics doesn't work. I was told that the shift box needs replacement. Is that part of powertain?