Q: Transmission problem affecting timing belt

2014 Ford Focus, transmission problem, the clutch as well as the TCM has been replaced numerous amount of times. The last time the TCM went out it began to shudder and Shake on the freeway. With all this happening could that have any effect on the timing belt cover to make it leak?

The timing belt cover is an entirely separate section of the engine and should not have leaked as a result of the transmission control module going out regardless of the amount of shaking it may have caused. If the timing belt cover is torqued down properly and sealed correctly with the right gaskets, the leak should not have happened. It is more likely than not that these two incidences are unrelated. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your oil leak around your timing cover.

3. Transmission problem affecting timing belt