Car won't start, can hear fuel pump humming so I tried st...

Q: Car won't start, can hear fuel pump humming so I tried starting fluid in air intake and it ran for few seconds..this is second tim

asked by on August 22, 2017

Car wouldn't start last week after short drive to store, let it sit for 2 days and it started right up and ran great , plenty power, smooth idle, all was good for about a week..now it won't start again , can hear fuel pump humming when ignition is on but won't start ,,sprayed starting fluid into air intake and it ran for a few seconds ..it tries to catch and start without starting fluid but still no go.

You should have the computer tested to see if you have cam or crank sensor codes. You may not be getting the injectors turning on due to the camshaft sensor or a weak spark from coils. After computer test then the codes can be diagnosed. Also check fuel pressure to see if pump is giving enough pressure and volume.