Q: transmission control system mil request

What does code P0700 indicates a transmission control system (MIL)

The P0700 code signals that the transmission control module requested for the engine control module (ECM) to turn on the Check Engine Light. The ECM controls when the light is turned on. There may be another code besides the P0700 within the transmission module that would need to be scanned for further diagnosis. If you need help having this scoped out, a certified technician from YourMechanic, can inspect the codes thoroughly in order to pinpoint the root problems.