Q: When putting foot on accelerator, brake, or shifter, car dies

My car starts properly and also sounds good, but the problem is when I put my foot on the accelerator, the brake, or engage the shifter, the car starts to putter and then dies. When I called the dealership, they said it is probably in Lag mode and the ECM probably need to be reprogrammed. Before allowing them to go forward with this, can you tell me if this is what you would recommend too?

There are some technical bulletins for replacing the ECU on your 2005 Kia Amanti for drivability problems. With what you said, what they want to do is along these lines. They may be able to reprogram the computer or need to replace and reprogram it. I would first have the stalling problem diagnosed and the ECU scanned and codes diagnosed since there are other components that can cause the problem you are having, such as an ignition module or the coil.

3. When putting foot on accelerator, brake, or shifter, car dies