Q: Towing alarms stays on

My towing alarm started going off on in my car after parking it. I found out where to turn it off on the dashboard with my owners manual. But the alarm is still on and will not turn off. I decided to start the car again and parked it, but the alarm was still on! The dashboard says that the towing alarm is off, but it’s still on. I called a local repair shop and they told me to find a button on my dash that looked like the backend of a car with a hook and push it in. I couldn’t find that button on my dashboard or anywhere, and it’s been on for 3 hours now. The sound is getting faint and the battery will probably be dead soon. Do you know how to turn it off?

A: If you turned it off and it is still going ...

If you turned it off and it is still going off on your 2006 Mercedes Benz R350, then you have a problem in the computer system and will need to have the vehicle taken in for service of the computer. Only a dealer type scanner can access the system and identify the failure. If this happens in the future, you could attempt to disable the alarm by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery or removing the alarm’s fuse until the appropriate fix is made.