Q: Torn cv joint boot

I have a torn cv joint boot and read that its better to replace the whole cv joint. What type of cv joint half shaft brand would you guys recommend? I am looking for one that would be durable and will last. Would you guys also recommend changing both sides, even if the other side isn't torn?

There is no single recommended brand to use since you can get manufactured new or rebuild by many brands out there. You might not have much choice with what is available in your area unless you went with a new from the dealer. You don’t have to replace both sides at the same time unless the other one is also proven to be bad. If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our certified technicians can replace your CV boot using quality parts.

3. Torn cv joint boot