Q: Transmission Leak from TV cable? (Kick down cable)

I've just restored my 88, engine swap and etc. Had the transmission done a while ago, just put in a new Kick down cable, over the course of a day it leaked alot, re installed the transmission fluid stem because that was wrong, saw that my fluid was really high. It continued to leak alot but less and less every day. Now it seems to be resigned to a few drips a day but hardly.now the Tranny fluid looks low. But who knows.fluids clear, stems probably not in right. Is there any way the kick down cable or solenoid could be leaking still? Do you think even though I used the stock gasket for the cable it could still be leaking this much? Or do you think the chances are that I way over filled my tranny as I said, and the tranny vent was leaking as I drove it and parked it?

Hello.

The first thing I would do is check the transmission fluid properly. With the engine running and the vehicle in park, check the transmission dipstick to see where the fluid level is out. If you overfilled the transmission and caused it to leak, but the leak seems to have slowed down over time then that means the excessive fluid has leaked and leveled out. It may be possible that the solenoid or kick down cable are still leaking, however an inspection would be required to determine the extent and location of the leak. I would recommend continuously checking the vehicle’s fluid level, and looking under the car to see if the leaks appear to be getting larger, smaller, or are gone altogether.

3. Transmission Leak from TV cable? (Kick down cable)