Q: Thermostat fluates going up and down then the fan comes on. My car is 2015 dodge dart

Thermostat fluates going up and down then the fan comes on what does that mean

Hi there. In most cases when the temperature gauge moves a lot, then when the fan turns on it steadies, it is an indication of a thermostat failure on the radiator. The thermostat is designed to open the flow of radiator coolant at a predetermined time. Sometimes when it fails, it will open later than it should, which causes the temperature sensors on your Dodge Dart to relay inconsistent data to your temperature gauge. Before you have it replaced, it would be better to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection first. This will allow them to inspect your Dodge to verify what is causing this problem, diagnose the issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. Thermostat fluates going up and down then the fan comes on. My car is 2015 dodge dart