Q: there is a leak coming from under the truck and it hasn't been started in a couple days what could it be?

I seen a dark spot under the truck and it just keeps leaking just a little bit and when I did start the truck blue smoke came from the exhaust pipe

A: Hi there: The leaking fluid is most likely...

Hi there:

The leaking fluid is most likely engine oil, which can leak from multiple engine seals or gaskets securing other items on the engine. Blue smoke coming from the vehicle's exhaust is typically an indication of two mechanical component failures. First, when the smoke comes out while the vehicle is accelerating, it's commonly caused by damaged piston rings.The other potential cause is a problem with the cylinder head valve guides. In this case, the blue smoke will appear during deceleration. I would contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics who can complete a smoke from engine or exhaust inspection for you, and then can follow through with the precise repair or adjustment.