Trouble codes p0746 p0826 p0868. Does this require a new ...

Q: Trouble codes p0746 p0826 p0868. Does this require a new transmission or what other options are there? 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 cvt

asked by on September 01, 2017

Trouble codes p0746 p0826 p0868. No warning lights came on. Just started making whining noise and slip. It seemed sluggish a day or two before the whining and slip started. Then I heard what reminded me of the wheel of fortune wheel spinning and I pulled over and called for a tow. I was told it needs a new transmission and was quoted a STEEP amount. Are there other possibilities? Options?

Based on your description, it does sound like the transmission has failed. It is possible that it could be overhauled but this is often more expensive than just replacing.