Q: Themastat

Just starting yesterday my thermostat thing the bars go up to 5 bars which isn't even halfway yet but it never goes up to 5 bars could it be because I have not got an oil change when I need an oil change could that be the reason why because I have plenty of freon and it's flowing so

Hello, thank you for writing in. Are you referring to the temperature gauge that is one your dashboard? If so this is a measurement of the engine coolant temperature. Freon is an older version of air conditioning refrigerant that is environmentally hazardous, and is not used in newer vehicles such as yours. Engine oil does have an effect on engine temperature. However, the amount of damages that can be done without oil go much further than just engine temperature, and you should get the oil changed ASAP for those reasons alone. The engine should run at 180-210 degrees. If the engine temperature gauge on your dashboard is reading higher than these, or is steadily rising over halfway, you will want to have the cooling system inspected. For more help with this inspection, contact our service department.