Q: Ran out gas and put gas back in but car still won't start

I ran out gas, I put gas in the car, turn the key to on/off 3 times, carvstill wont start

Hello. When the vehicle is completely drained of gas, the pump and related fuel system components can be stressed to the point of failure. This will cause the vehicle to not start Start by checking the easy components like the fuel pump relay and fuel filter. The fuel lines may also be clogged. The tank accumulates dirt and debris over time, and when the tank gets low enough it can suck up this debris. Typically a majority of this is filtered out, but it helps paint the picture of what may be happening. One way to test the pump at home is to turn the key to accessory and listen for the fuel pump to prime. It will sound like a faint "whirling" sounds in the fuel tank. You may need assistance on this so you can listen closer to the tank. If you do not hear this priming sound, the pump is not working and will need to be replaced.